2019 -2020 EDUCATION YEAR HAMDİ ÇALIŞ SECONDARY SCHOOL
1ST TERM 2ND ELECTIVE ENGLISH EXAM FOR 8TH GRADE
Class: Number: Point:
- Choose the correct one (20×4= 80 pts.)
- A: Hello , Ayşe speaking.
B: Hi, Ayşe. This is Can. Is your brother there?
A: …………. moment, please. I’ll get him.
Which of the following does not complete the dialogue?
- A) hang up B) hold on
- C) hang on D) wait for
- A: How do you ……….your name?
B: S- A – L- L – Y
- A) notice B) ring C) spell D) translate
- Don’t forget to take a ………… with you when you go camping. You will need it to find your direction.
- A) sleeping bag B) compass C) torch D) matches
- Slice the bread and ………….. butter and honey on it.
- A) spread B) heat C) stir D) mix
- A friend of your father calls and wants to speak with him. Your father is available. What do you say?
- A) Sorry, he is in the meeting now.
- B) I’m afraid he has gone out
- C) He isn’t available at the moment.
- D) Hold on a moment, please. I’ll get him.
Answer the questions 6- 7 -8 according to the dialogue .
- The conversation is about a ………………….. .
- A) burglary
- B) shopping list
- C) restaurant reservation
- D) doctor appointment
- Which one is not mentioned in the conversation?
- A) Martin will throw a surprise birthday party for his friend.
- B) Martin will have breakfast at the restaurant.
- C) There is an available table for that time.
- D) They will go to the restaurant at 10 a.m
- There is no information about …………………… .
- A) the time of an event
- B) the name of the restaurant
- C) the extension number
- D) the number of people
- Melt the ……….. in a saucepan and pour the mixture into it.
- A) pasta B) salt C) milk D) butter
Answer the questions 10 – 11 according to the recipe.
- What is the next step after adding some salt and pepper?
- A) cracking three eggs into a bowl
- B) heating a tablespoon of olive oil
- C) grating some cheese
- D) pouring the mixture into the pan
- Choose the tool which is not mentioned in the recipe?
- A) pan B) tablespoon C) bowl D) strainer
- Tom is trying to (1) connect to the Internet.
Eda always (2) confirms photos on her Instagram account.
My dad usually (3) checks his e-mails.
You shouldn’t (4) upload unknown people’s friend request.
Which words should be replaced to make sentences correct?
- A) 2- 4 B) 2- 3 C) 1- 4 D) 1- 2
- How do you connect to the Internet?
- A) Google is my favorite web browser.
- B) I usually play games with my friends.
- C) I connect to the Internet from my laptop.
- D) I rarely check my e- mail.
- Which matching is wrong?
- A) bake — a cake
- B) chop — onions
- C) crack — eggs
- D) mash — a glass of milk
- You want to speak your friend but her mother answers the phone.Your friend isn’t available right now. Leave a message for her:
- A) Would you like to leave a message?
- B) Can you tell her to get me back as soon as possible?
- C) Could you please repeat that? It is a bad line.
- D) Wait a minute. I will take a note.
- I can’t ……….. your invitation. I have to stay home and study for my English exam.
- A) refuse B) bring C) send D) accept
- Which option is correct according to the pictures?
- A) 1. Spread B) 1. Squeeze
- Peel 2. Knead
- Knead 3. Peel
- C) 1. Sprinkle D) 1. Bake
- Peel 2. Chop
- Knead 3. Mix
- Selin: …………uses the Internet most in your family?
Buse: I think, my brother. Because he is always online.
- A) What B) Who C) How D) How often
- Cut the orange in a half with a …………….(1)
Drain the pasta with a …………….(2)
Pour some oil in a ……………..(3)
- A) 1. Knife Strainer 3. Frying pan
- B) 1. Vegetable peeler Grater 3. Oven
- C) 1. Fork Plate 3. Saucepan
- D) 1. Knife Bowl 3. Fork
- Put the phone conversation in the correct order.
- A) 3- 5- 2- 4- 1 B) 3- 5- 4- 2- 1
- C) 5-3 -4 – 2- 1 D) 5- 3- 1- 4- 2
- Smart phones have both pros and cons. Categorize them (6×2=12 pts.)
- easy to carry
- security risks
- easy Internet connection
- disturb the concentration
- rescue for emergency
- Find the synonyms ( 8×1= 8 pts.)
c. rely on
d. look for
2019-2020 8. Sınıf Seçmeli İngilizce 1. Dönem 2. Yazılı 3 günceldir. Word dosyasını indirmek için Tıkla İndir.