Simple past with was/were
|Divide the class into teams of 2 to 5 students. Each team receives a handout, and completes the questions with their own ideas. Briefly check the questions are OK. Then have a class quiz – Team A ask team B as question, then Team B ask team C a question, and so on. Keep the score on the board. Students complete the questions in teams then do the quiz|
Complete the questions, then ask other teams.
1. Who was the first _______________________?
2. What was the real name of _______________________?
3. Where was _______________________ born?
4. What nationality was _______________________?
5. Who president of the USA in _______________________?
6. Where were the _______________________ Olympic Games?